RCU Forums - View Single Post - Evolution of the MGT or great marketing to get the consumer to buy the same truck over and over?
Old 03-26-2012, 11:12 PM
ausrcnut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Evolution of the MGT or great marketing to get the consumer to buy the same truck over and over?

Hmmm... far out dude... you just arent having a win at all with the MGT. I gather you must hate it now. lol It does suck though. I have been thinking about pulling apart my MGT tranny and shimming it if it were possible (as everything else needs shimming on it lol). Usually if you land a jump with throttle to the engine it causes a lot of stress and is the main reason for catastrophic failure, as they're really beefy gear boxes in general. I bought a spare 3speed XL tranny a few years ago just to see how it worked. lol. Good thing I finally own a XL. XD Ive found the 8.0 to be a finiky engine to tune in general. It loves an OS R3 plug Ive found, and maybe wants to be sealed as you stated with the k5.9. I use a fine gas-thread tape on the FM screws, it seems to help once the engine starts to get on in life. How does the OS VG30 run...? I hear they're pretty powerful. Apparently its more powerful than the Associated LRP xtec 30, and uses less fuel, but not as responsive on the throttle so owners have said. But it being OS, its bound to be quality. Thanks for the update mate, and sorry to hear about the dramas.