RCU Forums - View Single Post - neubie need engine size explanations
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2003, 05:02 PM
flatlander_14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default neubie need engine size explanations

ok?... but if its the same...how come its so much faster?
it is from more efficient porting and timing i guess. there is an article on it at www.rccaraction.com

that is a great website if you want to find out how a lot of this stuff works.

also, do you have any proof about the 2 gallons then downhill (as in, did it only happen to you?)
some people like this engine, but ive heard way more bad than good about it. people are always having problems with it overheating in the tmaxx(not really any of the other traxxas vehicles), it is very picky about tuning, and although traxxas claims it can wheelie, you usually need to run it very lean for it to do this, i broke it in by the book and it never did. i live at sea level so i should have been able to get it.(it has to do with air density and whatnot when tuning). as for the overheating, mine did that very often, i could richen it so far out it is practically blowing a small stream of unburnt fuel out of the exhaust and the engine head was still smoking. i think the 2.5 doesnt have enough power to move a big 10lb truck. it is fine in the n4tec or nitro rustler though. when you first get it, you think it is awesome. as time goes on you hate it witha passion. as soon as i get a new engine i am going to maul that 2.5 witha hammer and send it to traxxas as an appreciation gift