View Single Post
Old 09-01-2003, 09:30 PM
RCFreakInFL
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default neubie need engine size explanations

Originally posted by flatlander_14
the 2.5 may be a fast engine, but so many people have problems with it.
Well, I have had now, 5 of the 2.5 motors, all BRAND NEW, and never have had a problem with any of them. I think, that Traxxas made this high performance motor, to center around a very young age group, who no offense, has no experience on a 3-needle motor. The 2.5 is known as a high-performance motor, because of it's BHP and high RPM's, more than the average .15, more in the class of a Nova Rossi or CMB (not a comparisson, but the same level of power ratings)....and you have 12 year olds trying to tune it.

It's a simple motor (to me), to tune, and I have never had any personal issues. There have been many "kids" at the track, who were fed up with thei 2.5's, telling me how much crap they were, and how they heard such bad things....they gave me 3 minutes with their motors, and they haven't had a complaint since!

I wish I could have everybody on here send me their 2.5's, and for me to adjust them correctly, and send them back. I am noot preaching Traxxas, but preaching more the fact of the inexperienced level of knowledge, that are tuning these motors. I think to single out the 2.5 as a disaster, does not do the motor justice at all....I think it is an inaccurate assumption, which has lots of bandwagoners, who look to that excuse, as an excuse for their motors not running, than rather looking at themselves, for not knowing how to get it running....