RCU Forums - View Single Post - Red Wing Sbach profile
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 01:25 PM
raydar

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Red Wing Sbach profile

I have one, posted in the 3d section about it, for the pricein the ukit is a good buy. Eventually balanced with no lead and one 190 gram a123 battery in the wing and dry weight was 7 pounds 7 oz, not bad. The COGis not in the manual but is 14 cm from the leading edge, the manufacturer says it is 10cm from the leading edgebtw in front of the wing tube?. If you balance on the wing tube you will need 10oz on the nose and it will head straight to the ground if you fly inverted.

The model will fly straight up forever with the dle 20, will 3d well for a experienced pilot (not me) and has great knife edge with no coupling. The model is also built very well and the hardware is up to the job. The model is a riot.

The downside is it has to small a wing for a stable harrier as wing loading is about 20 oz/ft so suffers from wing rock that makes it hard to fly low with confidence (quote from a far more experienced pilot than me who was torque rolling it at 15 feet) also the engine mount is suspect. I glassed and reinforced mine and it never failed by the way.

Mine is now in rc heaven, a elevator servo that just decides to stop working does this, happened yesterday and am gutted as this was the most fun plane I have owned so far after 3 years flying. Just for reference I still have my trainer with hundreds of flights on her so I am not a crasher, was most suprised when I took off and could not level off but instead she continued into a climb then loop then ground dart. Tail was in one piece, servo arm and elevator still connected, servo still attached to rx but wiggle sticks and nothing from elevator servo, even tried different channels of rx, servo just died, s**t happens.

The problems with this model have been noted by the manufacturer by the way and a new version with a better motor mount and a larger wing is available soon, it is a yak version and wing loading should be nearer 16 oz/square feet. I plan to get one in the next few weeks, I will post how I get on here.