RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official HPI E-10 Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 12:11 AM
angus5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI E-10 Thread

Greetings E10 owners! I have recently purchased the Ford GT LM RTR - with no other purpose but to see how well I can make a really cheap entry level RTR into a stout performer by adding every part under the sun and then some!!!

So far I have installed and/or ordered:

- Yeah racing short shaft and main shaft

- Yeah racing R/R upper/lower arms

- YR F/R knuckles

- YR steering

- Hot racing brake hexes

- Hot Racing shock towers

- HPI shocks

- Custom front to rear brace to get rid of the flex

- Added the 3 bearings in each diff (** Still need to shim the rear diff - 12x14mm shims on order)

- HPI rear spool

- HPI front one-way diff

- HPI steel CVD's

- HPI Motor mount

- HPI 2.4 radio (RF-40 in waterproof box)

- Traxxas 3500 BL motor

- HPI vapor waterproof ESC

- 5000mah 2S lipo

- SF-10W waterproof servo

- AAANDDDD - Hot Racing aluminum spur gear ( I KNEW this was going to be JUNK ) which failed miserably after 3/4 of a battery pack even after the most careful setup and ensuring the motor did not move any - I only purchased it so that I could devise a way to use the alloy hub and mount a proper plastic spur - WHICH I HAVE ACCOMPLISHED and it is the single best mod I have done to the car.

My next mods will include:

- Tamiya cockpit / chassis cover

- Aluminum or graphite / FRP custom chassis

- I may try the preload springs to make the stock rear diff LSD

I have now spent more on this car than I would have to get a wicked tricked out TT-01 or TC4, I also have a mostly stock TC4 rally car, so we shall see how it turns out.

Observations so far are that the car is actually a great deal better now that I have some of the upgrades on it - it does respond well to them vs. some other projects where no matter what they seem to be junk -