RCU Forums - View Single Post - Experience of using high LiPo charge rates
Old 04-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Jason Arnold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Experience of using high LiPo charge rates

ORIGINAL: Brenner

Hey Jason,

If your 4 new packs are TP's 25C G6 packs, I don't think you'll have any problem at all at 2C. I charge the same packs at 5C (25A) and it works fine. Now I'll admit that I'm known for being a little harsh with my packs, but I don't usually make any plans to keep packs beyond a single season, and then I buy new packs in the spring.

I also use TP's 65C G6 packs, and I charge these at 30A without any problem. I'd charge them faster, (They are rated for 12C ..) but two packs at 30A each reaches the limit of my 2000W generator.

Brenner ...
Hi Brenner,

Yes, the new packs are the G6 version. Interestingly, they don't seem to perform any different to my 100 flight old F3A unlimited packs but are a little lighter. I guess that means the old packs are still ok.. The old ones have only ever been charged at 1C. As you say, 2C for the new TP packs should be quite safe. I can't imagine charging at 25A... As Tim the tool man would say "more power!". lol.

Working on my charging box now. I'm going to use a Pelican 1550 (orange nice!) case and hopefully be able to store the charger, PSU, Batteries and flight tools within the one box. I'm on a mission to make things smaller. Flying electric certainly means less tools and spares are needed! :-)

Cheers,
Jason.