RCU Forums - View Single Post - Webra 10 ccm Blackhead. Who can tell me?
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2002, 12:49 AM
GoNavy
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Webra 10 ccm Blackhead. Who can tell me?

Ok, I'd like to learn a bit about the history of the 10cc blackheads.

I smacked a very low time blackhead into the corn on a radio problem. It had the blackhead, and came with what I believe was the TN II, carb: Gray metal high speed needle, low speed recessed in the throttle arm end. Back plate was uniform circle but for a small flat. OOOps, where does that flat belong, top, side or bottom.

I bought a used blackhead for parts. The crank had a slightly different shaped counterweight. The carb was like the TN II, but the high speed needle was brass, the inlet tube was brass and entered the high speed housing, and the low speed needle projected out side the throttle arm, had a knurled, finger adjustable shaft, and the backplate had a slant rather than a flat.

Does anyone know the history of these puppies? Is there a source for exploded views? When can be interchange parts?

I thought it was a great engine. With factory muffler it was a full eight ounces lighter than a Supertigre 61 with muffler. You can sacrifice a few rpms if you lose 8 ozs. It was also a fuel mizer.