RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes Super Sportster 60 Kit - First Timer
Old 04-03-2012, 05:01 PM
KitBuilder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Great Planes Super Sportster 60 Kit - First Timer

You should be able to get a nice used motor in the 60 size for under 100 like GarySS says on the boards. The engines usually survive crashed unless they hapeen to go straight in. (dont ask how I know ).

Also if you worry about crashing.. don't fly. It will happen but you will know your plane like the back of your hand when your done and will be able to fiix it. I had a real nice GP 40 size cub I built. Clipped the wings.. Magnun 70 4 stroke, solartex and added some scale details, It went in after 6 flights.. complete pilot error . Man I loved this plane. It's next to be rebuilt after the current build. Here she is in her non-crashed state. So don't worry about crashing.. just pick up the pieces and put her back together.
You can go to the AMA site and use thier search for clubs in your area.. also the LHS is a good place for info as well. in fact, many have realflight or
similar sims setup and you can go there to practice. Just buy some stuff like fuel, covering, parts, wood etc. now and then. If you tell him or her your new... they'll probably even give you a flight lesson if its not busy May even have the Sportster 60 in thier pack.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62670.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	1746475   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg16545.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	1746476   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sy63648.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	82.6 KB