RCU Forums - View Single Post - Maximum altitude??
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 07:15 AM
IflyPATTERN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Maximum altitude??

Ustick,

Thanks for the great info and links you have provided. You have been very helpful! The only problmem I have with the Axi is it weighs over 3lbs! I am looking at this motor: http://www.f3aunlimited.com/webstore...products_id=44 It only weighs 18oz and will have propper wattage. Now, there is a geared version of this motor- so I might look into that.

I plan to have a "braking" system set up on the motor so that when it comes time to land I can slow the plane down. I don think that will be all too difficult with the folding prop in the equation(?)

Jester, Its not that I'm against the balloon idea- I think it could work! I feel most comfortable working with airplanes, and since the Research group has sorta already done the balloon thing, I dont think its as good of an idea. I wish an IC engine would be applicable in this case! (coming from a YS sponsored pilot)

Also, just curious... What exactly will be advantageous to having a motor (120kv) that will spin a 18-19" prop more slowly than a motor (1300kv) that would spin the same prop at a higher RPM?

Brandon