RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pilatus PC-6 Porter Sport 150 ARF
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 05:44 PM
scflyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pilatus PC-6 Porter Sport 150 ARF

Funny..............the very high end gas motor came in a ziplock bag with copied instructions. No doubt about it, this is a very nice motor. DA runs each motor at the factory and does some tuning. The Pilatus ARF is really nice. I feel much better about the price now that I have started putting it together. Very well made and has several upgrades from all the articles I have read about the plane. The still one major issue is the terribly cheap tail wheel. I am surprised they do not fix that problem. The struts have been redesigned and are top notch. The assembly is very good with all the joints glued extremely well. Several areas have been reinforced from the early design. From what I have read, this is a much different plane than the VQ ARF.

I worked on the tail wheel today and will post some pictures tomorrow. I like how it turned out. I will paint the main landing gear and tail wheel and hopefully get them on. The DA should go on very easy if the Slimline pitts muffler has room. I will cross my fingers on that.

***** the instructions are in French, no help at all. *****