Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas RTR 1/8 NRHA Funny Car Race Replica

ORIGINAL: proanti1

ORIGINAL: srt10

ORIGINAL: proanti1

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

ORIGINAL: Taz_Hobbies

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

Yea I wouldnt spend much more than 200 on the car. Especially when I can have the RJ Speed for 99 dollars..
Isn't that sort of trying compare apples & oranges?

RJ speed is a proven Funny car, sure its a kit, but big deal. fact is the RJ is probably a better car, and you can make it go like crazy for about $150 in electronics. TRAXXAS is ripping off people, stupid people nonetheless.

plus the RJ is made in the US of A not in China or Taiwan where the cost of labor is FAR less.
Have you seen what the chassis looks like?

It's a bit more complex than an RJ Speed car. It will also come with TQi and the new Traxxas branded Castle brushless system. Just adding those two things to an RJ Speed kit would bring the cost up near what the Traxxas car runs.

Yeah, you can throw some cheap HK electronics on an RJ speed chassis and not spend more than $200, but it's still not even close to the same thing. Just look at that chassis, it looks fantastic!
yeah baby!
nothing like paying 2 and 3 times the price for made in china! [:'(]
some of those so called cheap HK electronics that many want to bring up, are proven to beat out higher priced electronics in price and performance[:-]
Um, you're comparing an EZ Run to a Castle? The failure rate of these Chinese electronics is FAR higher than that of established manufacturers. Just looking through the forums, you see 'my $70 hobbywing burned up' posted about once a week. Performance? Yeah, you can buy a big ass Feigao motor and pair it with an 80 amp HK esc, but the chance of it burning up is a lot higher.

Besides, I was just making the point that the Traxxas radio system, and the brushless esc/motor cost quite a bit by themselves. Anyone buying just these things on a regular basis (a lot of people do) would find this car a pretty good deal.

LOL
wow, looks like you should look around..
the failure rate of Castle esc are very very high!!
and for what they cost, many have moved over to other esc that are on the market..
many FE racers are now using other esc in our Fast Electic race boats... not a thought, but a real fact. to many failures out on the lakes ( one of the most reliable is the Turnigy/Seaking 180 and a big favorite and only 70bucks )
and I will say it agan.. the castle/traxxas motors are made down the street from other motor companies!
lots of things are made in china, put a traxxas sticker on it, and the costs go up 200%!