RCU Forums - View Single Post - Traxxas RTR 1/8 NRHA Funny Car Race Replica
Old 04-07-2012, 08:12 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas RTR 1/8 NRHA Funny Car Race Replica

ORIGINAL: proanti1

Um, you're comparing an EZ Run to a Castle? The failure rate of these Chinese electronics is FAR higher than that of established manufacturers. Just looking through the forums, you see 'my $70 hobbywing burned up' posted about once a week. Performance? Yeah, you can buy a big ass Feigao motor and pair it with an 80 amp HK esc, but the chance of it burning up is a lot higher.

to be fair they say hobbywing but when you look at their ESC it says hobbyking on it, and is not a HW ESC. Seen it fairly often here.
Most the Hobby wings I seen fry are from people say using the 35A esc in a truck that should have a 65-120A esc, or they gear it to the moon [&:]

VS CC's liking to blow cause CC is too cheap to put a cap pack on their ESC's (they charge $20 extra...) where HW's have it built in. Some of their ESC's also seem to have high failure rates for BEC's.
Look at all the failure rates of CC's esc's on the savage flux XS [&:]

Only legit complaint I can say on HW which is warranted is how on the EZ-run ESC's 65A and under is how the fan is hooked straight to the battery, and not the BEC so the fan frys on 3S. Its a simple 2 min fix of just cutting the fan wires, and soldering to the BEC but still wish it was done by default.

For the record I have a MM ESC so before ppl say I don't own one to bash it