RCU Forums - View Single Post - I feel like a NIMROD
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2003, 01:34 AM
timnbrody

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I feel like a NIMROD

Originally posted by Dauntae
I started training a new pilot today that I met through here, timnbrody. Tim had some time on the Sim and it really paid off for him and he does real well and his orientation is great, Had him doing circles and figure 8's with no problems so I had he doing approaches up high and I feel he won't be long on a trainer box and today was his first day. Now after having him do all kinds of stuff I went to bring it in and our field is surrounded by trees so you have to go over the tops of the trees and drop down for the landing so I lined up for the approach over the trees and right after I got over the trees (So I thought) I started dropping down to Land and the front wheel snagged the top of the tree :stupid: We got it down with minor damage to the rudder but we had it fixed right at the field.... MAN was my depth perception off today, I'm glad there was not a lot of damage and I told Tim if there was damage I would fix it for him (I felt like MUD) and he is a great sport and is looking to be a great pilot in the making so congrads on your first few flights today Tim and I'll try to keep your plane out of the trees for now on.

Dauntae

Well, Duantae,

Just went through the plane today, and cleaned it up real good. It looks as good as new, and ready for my second lesson. Although the plane just cartwheeled around the top of the tree, I am impressed that it came out with barely a scratch on it. I'm hoping to get out again on Saturday as it seems I can't get in the air again soon enough.

To anyone new to the hobby and serious about wanting to learn. The real flight Sim was one of the best investments I made before taking my plane up on its maiden flight. I have about 20 hours on real flight and other than the nervousness of actually flying for real, once the plane was in the air and my instructor gave me the controls ( via buddy box ) it felt no different than the Sim. Its definitly the way to go, and I can see why everyone experienced in this hobby recommends one for someone starting out.

Again Duantae, don't feel bad about the plane, she's good to go. I'm just glad you did it and not me, as it probably would have shot my confidence. LoL Tim