RCU Forums - View Single Post - Building a Dynaflite Super Decathlon
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 05:11 AM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Building a Dynaflite Super Decathlon

First flight sucessful on Saturday 04/07/2012. Ihad to weigh the plane 3 times because I didn't believe the reading. It weighed in at 14.5 lbs. I added some weight to the nose and still need to add a bit more. So final weight is not set yet. It flew great, thanks to my test pilot. I'm still getting back into flying after not flying for 18 years. I did some figure 8s with it, but that's about all. One elevator control rod separated at the servo thread coupler. Next build I'll thread both ends of one continuous control rod, and not use silly solder on threaded couplers. Silly to depend on tin/lead for that kind of joint. Istill need to add a fueling spigot to the cowl. But I'm not sure how I'm going to configure it. Should Itap into the fuel line to the carb, put a T there, and tubing to the carb and cowl?Or should I run a 3rd line from the cowl to the tank? Hopefully I'll have this configured before next flight and will fly with the cowl mounted. I'm quite happy with it (dispite some minor build defects - first build in 18 years), and it flies quite well. Many flights to come as spring advances.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us55094.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	1748601