RCU Forums - View Single Post - what caused the turbine jet crash??!!!!!
Old 04-09-2012, 11:19 AM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: what caused the turbine jet crash??!!!!!

A lot of the new chargers today also have a time limit and a charge limit preset in them. you have to go in and reprogam them or atleast check them. we have had some crashes at our field (non jets) but still applies here. they would charge up flight packs before the days flying. they would charge a 2000 mah pack at 400-500 mah. well at 400 mah that would take over 2 hours. well they chargers they were using had a two hour limit built in as a default setting. so when the charger stopped charging they thought it was fully chatged.

it all comes down to knowing your equipment.

When i fly larger more expensive planes I charge/discharge packs of any battery type before it ever goes in a plane so you know the real capacity. then you have to Measure how power you use per flight. See how many times you want to fly then double that MAH rating of the pack(s)

i agree that a single 2000 Mah NiMh pack is to small for a large jet. i bet you are using over 400 mah per 8 minute flight. 4 flights and thats 1600 mah right there. you add in a a pack that isnt fully charged and the fact that even if was fully charged you used 70% of its charge. the voltage is low and way low when a load is placed on it. i think flap failed and the plane went in failsafe with low voltage.

Was the battery pack yours or did it come with the plane?