RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS .15 Steel Fin?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 11:51 AM
gittarpikk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OS .15 Steel Fin?

ORIGINAL: Lomcevak Duck

I just picked up a couple of older OS engines, one of them was titled ''OS .15 Steel Fin.'' On its left side is printed ''MAX-III OS 15.'' It has a carb with a link from the throttle arm to a moving baffle, no muffler.

I would like to run this engine on a Dynaflite Butterfly. I'm hoping that some of you guys have some more information about this engine, experience, or running recommendations like what kind of fuel I should use and prop suggestions.

Also, since there is no muffler and no pressure tap, what do I do with the tank pressure line? Will it run reliably without pressure on the tank?

I would suggest finding a muffler.. Tatone used to make one that I think fit it...and there are probably others.. if you find one, tap it for pressure. The motor will probably run fair without pressure ...being it was never set up for pressure... but without the muffler, would be too noisy.... I had/may have one of those...but may not be able to find it. Their a great durable motor...and runs well on 10-15%