RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redcat Racing Volcano Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Kristoffer_E

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat Racing Volcano Thread

Honestly, I thought the bottom end with the Volcano tranny was lacking . These say they fit in all HPI engines, which includes the Savage. The savage, and the Savage cluthbell fits the SH 18. So for 6 dollars, I think I will try one and see what happens.

Failing that, I'll get a 13T savage clutch bell (not from that store, their price sucks and they don't even have it in stock), and try that. If it STILL doesn't work, I think a 47T savage spur gear could be jammed into the Shockwave tranny with a little bit of dremel work, maybe even a few teeth larger. Then, with at least a 13T clutch bell and a 47T spur, it should be a little better.

EDIT: Also, a lot of people on RCUhave said that this direct drive conversion from All About Fun Hobbies is an inprovement in both top AND bottem end, because its geared a little higher, and removes all the frition and rotational mass of the Volcano gearbox. It is a shockwave tranny and 13T bell, so I'd be inclined to think that a 13T bell could even work with the unmodified shockwave tranny.