RCU Forums - View Single Post - Today's gas no problem... NO way...
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 08:31 PM
av8tor1977
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Today's gas no problem... NO way...

I think we have established that some areas have problems with the available fuel, and some don't. So I don't really understand the posts that say, "WELL I DON'T have any problems with fuel so you guys must be crazy or doing something wrong." (Or similar comments.) This does nothing to address the issue. And once again, I am not convinced it is ethanol that causes the problems; but perhaps other additives and combinations of additives with ethanol that might cause the problems.

I buy large lots of unwanted/discarded gas power equipment from various sources in the Tucson area, and have done so for years. Virtually 90% of the machines have some sort of a fuel system degradation. Do you think I would bother using a special "storage fuel" in my airplanes if it wasn't necessary? No way, but I got tired of having carb problems and having to rebuild the carbs every two months or less, and never knowing when the flop tube in my fuel tank was going to go stiff and kill the engine when I flew inverted.

The problem is real.

AV8TOR
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31428.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	1749126