RCU Forums - View Single Post - HBX, Who else owns one??
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 03:44 AM
Spoiler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HBX, Who else owns one??

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

hey 2.4ghz thats cool

well sounds like u have the skills for of it, hey next time u have it appart the carbon gear shafts are cheap...
good work with that shaft so many peeople have problems with it & get stuck

The 2.4 ghz is indeed cool and works well Buuuut, since the chassis rebuild we havea recurring problem - the main gear - the one that drives off the motor gear (spur gear?) strips. My son has just stripped the third one. I love tinkering with the thing but buying an entire gear set just for the one gear is getting expensive. It also doesnt last more than about 2 - 3 hours of total driving before failing. Last time it let go slowly with a lot of noise and the car still drove and initially only slipped when starting from stationary.

Any advice on how to prevent this hapening?

I suspect the clutchless design is to blame - too much torque thru the plastic gears with those grippy tyres and 4wd eventually breaks the gear OR perhaos the Tlo01 chassis and HBX gear set are not a perfect match - i.e the chassis places the spur and first gear just too far apart (it looks fine to the naked eye) resulting in tooth wear and eventual slippage?

Or is this normal and these things are high maintenance?

Please help...