RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 05:49 AM
Mustangman40
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

Guys I need some expert advice please...

I have a 72 that runs fair, but not great like I remember saitos to run..One of the things I noticed on mine is the fuel spray I get in the cowl, I am assuming it is from the carb and not normal.. After a couple flights it will drip un burned fuel, it's thick fuel, not fresh from a leak in the line. I replaced all the plumbing on it and installed it in a new plane. I went from and inverted position to side mounted and still get this problem...

I decided to fixs this problem last night and this has me confused... In the pic in the manual it says to check the gap between the idle screw and spray bar, it should be 1mm.. I looked at mine and this is whatI seen.. The lowend needle is on the right in the pic, is the opening in the spraybar upsidedown, or is there supposeto be a visible gap between the two.. Fromwhat they say in the manual, if I am reading it right, there should be a gap...

I was thinking my fuel mix on the idle is to rich and that's why I have so much fuel dripping, what is the factory set on the idle needle? My high end is only open 1 3/4 turns to get it to run right...

Jimbo
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30384.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	1749717   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je10306.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	1749718