RCU Forums - View Single Post - TOLEDO SHOW and ETOC 2012
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 05:31 AM
Don Szczur
My Feedback: (1)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: TOLEDO SHOW and ETOC 2012

Speaking of RJ, the ailerons on his plane allow for some really nice control. When he does his rolls and deflects his ailerons, its almost as if his wing dissapears. RJ is flying one of the older motors, which has a tremendous amount of power but he "updated" it by milling out a lot of the metal which lightens the motor significantly.

Mike Hubbard flew extremely well and was right on the bubble (7th place as of the 3rd round).

AC Glenn had some very unique never seen before tricks. Basically he had some exteme flaperons with opposite elevator mix (or, down flaps, down elevator mix). When I say extreme its like the plane is flying full throttle forward but the nose is pointed down like 30 degrees. Then he put in knife edge and the plane was flying sideways in knife edge- when I say sideways its hard to even define that. Its like it was in knife edge but was flying like sideways in pitch. It reminds me of the dorsals they put on the F-16 then had to take them off because the pilots could not keep up with all the g's.

Well, time to get ready to head over to the show. I'll see if I can snap some pictures and provide some special interest stories. This evening is going to be exciting with the finals for ETOC and "X game" type of competition. I saw the square, oval and rectangular hoops (which I'm sure the planes will be expected to fly though). This is going to be fun.....

Cheers,
Don