RCU Forums - View Single Post - TOLEDO SHOW and ETOC 2012
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 05:49 AM
Don Szczur
My Feedback: (1)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: TOLEDO SHOW and ETOC 2012

So this young lawyer named Frank Key sailed over to the British ships and after some gracious complements on the power of their fleet, and pleading his case that his buddy really treated the British well and is an honorable man, he negotiated the release of his buddy. One catch though... Ross said wait- you stay put right here, because I don't want you tipping off that Armistead and those other people we want to plunder in Baltimore. Stay and watch the show tonight. Enjoy the show.

Now, I'm sitting at the ETOC last night as a spectator, wanting to get into the competition, right in the mix of it- but am resigned to just spectate. It was just a glimpse of the awe inspiring display of piloting going on- all I can do is cheer on the pilots and watch the show.

So Francis Scott Key did not sleep that much that night the bombardment took place all night. When the sun rose, well... here it goes....

In you best British Accent, imaging the British sailors asking:

Say, can you see? (by the dawn's early light)

Now, as I like to do, lets back up some to the day/evening before.

Armistead had two flags for the fort- a small storm flag and a huge flag like 30 feet by 50 feet in size, that some of the ladies in downtown sewed together. He had the storm flag up the evening before (pardon if all my details are not accurate I'm going from memory).

What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars thru the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?

to be continued some more after I look up ramparts.