RCU Forums - View Single Post - TOLEDO SHOW and ETOC 2012
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 06:02 AM
Don Szczur
My Feedback: (1)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: TOLEDO SHOW and ETOC 2012

Definition: rampart is a type of defensive wall.

In other words, get your bloody head down.

And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.

Now, what in the world is a rocket? Well, I did some checking and these puppies were like 6 feet long and guided using a stick. They remind me of bottle rockets on steroids. Like mega steroids. When these puppies went off I'm sure they screamed overhead. Although not very accurate, they had a reputation of creating terror. Kind of like the V2's over Britain during WWII. ANd those bombs bursting. Picture yourself as one of the hundreds of troops up against the back walls of the moat (reported to be dry at that point) which surrounded the inner walls of the fort. You look up and see a direct his on one of the gun emplacements, killing the poor souls up there. Just keep your head down. Yes, bombs bursting in air. To the tune of about 1200 bombs bursting in the course of that night. Forget about sleep, I'd be afraid to freaking move.

Ok back to the truce ship. Frank here is thinking- man those guys are taking a beating- but based on the fact that the just keep on shelling and shelling, well they must not have surrendered yet- if there is anything left of that fort or any living soul in it......