RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dream 110 Electric Conversion
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 08:22 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dream 110 Electric Conversion

ORIGINAL: cloud_master

Yeah, I hear ya. I just looked at the E-flite website and printed out the specs on the 60,90, and 120 for comparison. I definately agree that the 60 would be low on power, and I would not be happy with it. I have hackers in two of my other electrics, no complaints. I'll print out the specs on the hackers for comparison. I do have an A40 downstairs, but looks like that would be lite on power as well. To be continued......

btw, when you say 8S, your talkin one battery then right? I only have experience running single 3 S right now.
The 90 could work, and you could find an A40 that would work too. Which do you have?? There are not a ton of 110 sized electric pattern planes out there so I only have my own experience. I have the Sebart Wind, and the recommended setup for that is the Hacker A50-16L on 8S. It is a good setup that works well. You could probably go with an 18x10, and 4000mah batteries to save a little weight, or 5000mah for a longer flight time. I typically use about 3000-3200mah/flight (8min) (and I'm using the 14L and an 18x10)

8S = 2x 4S

Another reference: if you go to 3Dhobbyshop.com and look at their 71" planes, or I think there is a 68" Velox, they have recommended setups. These are for 3D, so they are high current draw, light weight setups. You can find a 6S hacker setup that will work well, but be a bit more taxing on the system. 6S would be one battery pack.

Then you can equate the Hacker or whatever motor to the e-flite series. I think the Hackers run lighter which is always nice.

I think Hacker reps (Mike at Aero-model.com) would recommend the A50-16L, 18x12 prop, and 8S batteries. It would be the most efficient combo (according to him). The 14L is a little more 'wasteful' spinning at higher rpm, but there is more power there too.