RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 1/4 Scale Piper Cub ARF???
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 05:22 AM
cannonball200
My Feedback: (36)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 1/4 Scale Piper Cub ARF???

The J-3 is the most realistic rc model I have seen. The photo's are still on RCU. Just search "All photo's" and type in "Cub" and then go to page 16. The photo for his gallery is in the middle of the page. I emailed him yesterday to inquire if he still had it and he emailed me back last night saying he did and that it was hanging in his living room along with his Hanger 9 J-3. He lives in N E Canada just barely across from N Y state. He thanked me for the compliments also and sent a picture below.
Thanks,
Eddie of OKC

Here is the return email from the owner about the build of the J-3:

Hello Eddie
I build it between 1992 and 1994 and it took more than one thousand hours of work It started with a kit J3 1/4 Premiere (I think it's a British company ) I got plans of real J3 and I take several photos of J3 a friend near Montreal C-GUQQ Any commendes inside the cokpit operate with servos under the floor I made the landing gear suspension in TIG welded cromoly I turn the crank and I operate the window (an option on this J3) there is a real Trim on tail the Weigh si 17.6 pounds I made three flights and I hooked it board for posterity...
Yes i am a J3 Cub lovers
Best regard's
Jean-Philippe
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71666.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	1751601