RCU Forums - View Single Post - MOKI RADIAL Care and Maintenence
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 07:37 AM
Jim Cattanach

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: MOKI RADIAL Care and Maintenence

ORIGINAL: Der Goetz

ORIGINAL: Jim Cattanach

I have a new Moki 150. The carb could not be set to allow the engine to run properly. The pulse generator was dry, so I lubed it. I can now get the carb adjusted & the engine runs fine on the ground. Problem is, every time I take off, the engine stops immediately I leave the ground. I am assuming the pulse generator is not working as it should. Re-plumbed the tank & tried new fuel lines. No change. The pulse generator tube is clear & the carb filter is clear.
I have ordered the electric pump. I hope this cures the problem. I am a bit sick at paying so much for an engine that does not work properly. I think my engine test data supplied is the work of fiction.

Dear Jim,

the fact that the engines quits when the fuel tank drops below carb-level is a strong indicator of the extrenal pump being the game-changer.
Another test: malfunctioning setups cannot be run rich at all on the H needle.

When was your engine manufactured? Your report card will show a date. That will reveal the revision of your engine (has nothing to do with the fuel transportation to the carb, I am just curious).

Götz

Hi Gotz. Thanks for taking an interest in my problem. My 150 was manufactured on 23rd January 2012. it is no:- 443. I was told the pulse generator has a Teflon ring on the piston. Mine has what appears to be a bronze ring & does not seal very well.
Do you think the electric pump will help my problem?

Thanks
Jim