RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aurora 9 screen sensitivity
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 09:31 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: Aurora 9 screen sensitivity

ORIGINAL: nmbilly

My Aurora 9''s screen has become less sensitive over time. When it was new it did not take much pressure to activate options. Now it takes considerably more pressure and time for the screen to respond. Has anyone else experienced this with their Aurora 9?

I don't know if this relates to your problem or not but I have noticed a considerable difference between A9 touchscreens. For example, my A9 has a very sensitive, responsive screen where my friends has required the use of the stylus for most entries since new. On his, programming with a finger is a real chore where mine is quite easy. Examining several other A9 radios, I find their screen response all different to a degree. My guess is that different production batches just have a different feel compared to others.

I work with and sell touchscreen devices regularly and find the above to be quite normal. Some aging and performance changes also seem to be normal ...... though I can't comment at all whether this applies to the A9 screen. If any question, I wouldn't hesitate to send the radio back to Hitec for service.