RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ultimate bi-plane 50cc
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 05:53 AM
charlesp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ultimate bi-plane 50cc

Well yesterday was the day got to the flying site at about 12:30 and after talking to a new member in the club, I unloaded the truck and started putting my planes together. 1.20 size edge, 40 size GP ultimate (built last year) and the 50 cc Ultimate I flew the little 40 size first and I was a nervous wreck. After some other member flew their planes it was time. I was stressing pretty good by this point (This is my first big bird) I started flipping the 55cc DLE with the choke on and its not firing, i keep flipping. LOL forgot to turn on the switch for the plug. after some more filliping she came to life. ran it for a bit to make sure it wasn't loaded up at all. She taxied out on to the runway. I made a couple high speed passes without leaving the ground, testing control on the ailerons and roll out length. After a quick check of wind sock about 5or 6 mph. no more putting it off it was time to go. I eased the left stick forward, little rudder correction to the left. I eased the stick up about 3/4 up and she rotates!!! climbing about 20-30* with plenty of power. (DLE 55 is more then enough power). climbed up to about 200' , banked left and leveled off. I let go of the sticks. Straight and true she flew. I couldn't believe it, no trim!! wow made some laps, nothing too crazy. Made some speed changes to see were it would stall and it was time to bring it in. I slowed down on my down leg and started my descending turn onto finale. Had to give it a little extra throttle as i was not sure of the air speed and knew i wasn't going to be long. As she passed the threshold she was coming in and dropping slowly. A little of aileron correction and she settles in for a 3 point landing, and rolls out. what a nice flying plane

All the hard work relly payed off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fniw...e_gdata_player
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80836.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	1753511   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83984.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	1753512