RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Top Flite P-40 60 sized arf
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 01:12 PM
paint-boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Top Flite P-40 60 sized arf

Sorry guys I know this is technically for the ARF, but I hope you don't mind if I share some pics / info of my kit built.

I purchased this plane as a finished / flown airframe at an auction a couple years back or more. When I actually got the plane home and had a chance to look it over, it wasn't exactly what I first thought (isn't that always the case) It wasn't terrible, but was certainly in need of a "re-do" I thought that would be the perfect time to fit the DLE 20 into it. With a bit of measuring and figuring, it ended up being a perfect fit / combination into the airframe. After modifications for the engine upgrade it was time to freshen up the exterior. The plane (previously built by someone else) was built heavy, the plane finished and ready to fly is right at 13 lbs. I wasn't too thrilled with that number, so a few weeks back for the maiden I was a bit un-sure of what the out come would be. Turns out the maiden flight went very well, better than I would have expected actually. The DLE 20 is certainly up to the task and more. Flaps had no major pitch change upon deployment....landing was fine (minus nose over on grass....which I read is not un-common) with the weight of the plane, I just need to remember to carry in some extra speed.

I haven't had a chance to get the 2nd flight on yet. I did make some minor adjustments to the plane / controls, but expect it to be a great flying plane once I work out those final tweaks and adjustments.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28412.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	1753673   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37597.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	1753674   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67017.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	162.2 KB