RCU Forums - View Single Post - *Official* Caldera 10E Video, Picture And Discussion Thread
Old 04-26-2012, 05:53 AM
xxturbowesxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *Official* Caldera 10E Video, Picture And Discussion Thread

ORIGINAL: PetRock

Wow! That must have been some crash! Did the truck go spinning away from the tree... or just crumple into it? You must have heard the hit?

I almost wish you told me you broke the front bumper too - it seems to be made of such a stiff plastic that I don't think it soaks up any impacts: it just passes them along to the chassis It would have been nice to see it take one for the team

It was a direct hit at 50mph(top speed run on 3s & 16t pinion) and it recoiled to the side after impact.

IMO I doubt any other vehicle would have survived without similar damage.

Only other crash I have had that was anywhere near this was a runaway tmaxx that broke in half from impact. It required more parts and much more money to fix.

ORIGINAL: PetRock

ORIGINAL: kashjeff
Where do ya get aluminum steering knuckles??? mine have been stripped out and i already bought stock replacements, think i paid 5 bucks for them. Are the aluminum ones expensive? would love to find every possible aluminum upgrade and make this thing bulletproof.
The the online and paper manuals list the aluminum upgrade parts: steering knuckles, front/rear hubs, shock towers, pivot braces, hexes, steering bar, shocks etc... but I think they're all way too expensive. Maybe the knuckles are worth it because you can tighten their top+bottom mount screws without binding the steering... and maybe the steering bar as it rides on bearings... but the rest is too rich for my blood.

If I break a knuckle a $5 plastic replacement is going in. If I break it a second time, then I'd rethink aluminum. $37? Yikes!

[img][/img]

Yikes for $37 I think I'd rather have 7 plastic ones.