RCU Forums - View Single Post - Goldwing Su-26m Build
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 06:53 AM
Gabrielsande

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Goldwing Su-26m Build

Hello there!

I know it might be too late to share my experience,but I just found this thread, I have one of this and is my favorite plane, own a mx2 which I found more stable and precise, but I love the look of this one, and its caracter!, first I fitted it with with a crrc pro26i and it was kind of ok, but a tad under powered but it was very stable at harriers and prop hanging.

Then I replaced the engine with a dle30 and the change in power was incredible! prop hanging at 1/2 stick and taking off from there like a rocket !, I did noticed after installing this engine it turned a bit harder to keep steady on the harrier, even playing with the cg (dle is nearly the same weight as crrc pro).

Cg between 116 and 120 worked fine, it was always tail heavy so batteries and stuff all up front, ignition module worked fine on top of the engine box, added just a little plywood plate,plane is being in the air since the end of 2009 with not a problem, glued an alloy plate in the firewall to reinforce and stop the standoffs to sink in the wood, used crrc pro50cc standoffs, to allow the carb to go inside helping with the clearence,engine hub is at 126mm from the firewall, so cowling is quite back to have a good prop clearence (crrc pro was quite short and I didnt want to redrill the cowling).

Plane since new in knife edge tended to turn towards the belly, having to mix some elevator to rudder to correct that, with both engines.

Canopy came off on take off (forgot the damm bolts) and hitted the tailplane, breaking the canopy in pieces, so managed to glue them back and keep them together with some fine fibreglass mesh from the inside, used some filler and painted it in black with some clear laquer on top (Im a car painter) but it weights 200g now.

Landing gear! as in all my planes,because I use grass runways I cutted the original legs and converted them to use piano wiring legs so they move back and forward absorbing the leaverage on the wood, and had few pancake hard landings resulting on the wire being bent all around with no problem than expendin few minutes bending it back.

Tail plane ended applying some glue in the carbon rod and peeled the covering a bit in both sides to glue the whole setup, it was vibrating a lot and I nocked once one of the little tabs were the screw goes when going over to hold it with my legs now is quite more strong.

DLE Engine is being ok, tunned at max rpm on the high end and backed the needle a bit, low end adjusted for smooth idle and again opened a bit to get it reacher kind of four stroking, this is VITAL to keep the engine alive otherwise will die once in the air they lean a lot!. so yes at the end you end with a burble at mid range impossible to cure,but never gave me a trouble since 2009 carb was.

With the smoke and all it weights 5.4kg dry when the flying weight should be 4- 4.4kg, but I cant figure out the extra kg!, smoke setup weights just 200g, Im using tree batteries but they are 100g each 300g,canopy weights now 200g dont know how much weights the original one, it goes like a rocket and nice, but a bit temperamental on harriers and prop hanging I can do but hard to do!, adding the fuel 450g and smoke 500g plane weights fully loaded 6.4kg, still going vertical unlimited and cant feel the difference once the smoke goes, 500g less, and it last 7 minutes, I do 12 mins flights and the tank still half empty.

So hope the info helps someone, and any suggestions are welcome, after flying the mx2 which I have fitted a saitofg30 which is too heavy and no much power against the dle (dle is on its way for it) the mx2 does not need any mix,ans it goes like a pattern plane, easier to fly sukhoi looks nice and stable but you have to fight it, Never had an issue on the sukhoi landing it comes down slow and easy, you have to control the power otherwise it could drop dead!.

Last flight last weekend my engine started losing power and died,had a nice landing still, started it again and it dies at full throttle so Im doing some mantenience today to see if I can cure that,carb untoched since 2009 so lets see

Some videos:

With the crrc pro 26

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awbHtUg7Dfo

DLE vs CRRCpro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvxv3EN0I64

smoke test2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKz1Vy6CyYk

latest vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2m0MuyfSrY

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26548.jpg
Views:	93