RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tiger Tail M.A.N. Construction Article
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 06:17 PM
R_G
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tiger Tail M.A.N. Construction Article

Hey Mark,

That's great about your Tiger Tail! I wouldn't mind seeing a photo! Hint, hint!

I've had an interest in the Tiger Tail for a long time. I was 11 years old when the issue of M.A.N. came out with the Tiger Tail on the cover, and thought it was a very cool airplane! I also developed an instant crush on the very cute young lady holding the model! Man, how time flies!

I'm looking forward to building this one, but it's going to be a while yet. There are a few other planned projects ahead of it! Here's my "short" build list:

UFO .60
UFO .25
Kwik Fli Mk III
Tiger Tail
MK Beetle

While reading through the M.A.N. article there were a few things that made me chuckle! At one point Ron refers to the Tiger Tail as being ugly and that's why it flies well. "Ugly" is one word I would never have used to describe this model. I really like it's simple lines.

He also talks about adding differential to the ailerons by bending the torque rods as needed. Not these days with our highfalutin radios and multiple aileron servos!

He also mentioned how "vintage designs" would benefit from "modern equipment" such as engines radios & retracts. Modern equipment back then is vintage today. So vintage back then would be what today?

Yup, looking forward to building this one!

RG [8D]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49886.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	176.2 KB
ID:	1756174