RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tiger Tail M.A.N. Construction Article
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 06:28 AM
hook57
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tiger Tail M.A.N. Construction Article

I admit to being smitten by a number of the models on the M.A.N. covers, andthe balsa ones too! Funny you mentioned the "modern" radio stuff that Ron mentioned in the article. I have a few Pro-Line Rx's and several servos, I placed them on the bench to mimick the install and compared it to the Futaba 3004s that are in it now. The fuse compartment would literally be packed with the old stuff in it; with an XPS nano Rx, 2000NiMh battery, and the 3004 servos, there's plenty of room. Mine has a single aileron servo in the wing so the torque rods are bent for the differential, though I haven't measured just how much is there. Vintage back then? Well, that would be ancient today!

I'll snap a few pics this week and post some for you. On another note, my Tiger Tail III, while sanding the primer on the horizontal stab something looked odd. As it turns out, I believe the skin has seperated from the foam (I used P.U.). Looks like an area about 1.5" wide by about 4" long. I have a few ideas on what to do, but I greatly appreciate any and all ideas/suggestions/recommendations from all. I don't want to jump in your thread Ralph so let me know if asking hereis okay. I can start a new thread but it's nice to see another Tiger Tail thread.

Mark