RCU Forums - View Single Post - Troubleshooting steps if nitro won't start?
Old 04-29-2012, 12:40 PM
rcenth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Troubleshooting steps if nitro won't start?

I'm pretty new to the RC world specifically nitros and at my rc shop sometimes customers come in who can't get their nitro to start and I don't really like to have to turn them away and refer them to the company for their issues, I'd like to help if I can but, two customers came in with their shockwaves today and they couldn't get it to start, they did start before since you can tell by looking at them they've ran before, so at one point and recently the engine was running. Just for some reason not starting anymore.

These are the steps I did:

- Check if glow plug is working, remove it, light it to the glow ignitor make sure glow plug lights up.
- Check if HSN is too rich, if so turn it in about 2.5 turns from flush.
- Prime it, make sure fuel is going through the tubing.

In both cases the starter was pulling fine, it was pulling easily without any issue, no toughness. Just kept pulling, maybe 30-40 pulls and both didn't start. Can see flywheel turning when pulling starter.

Not sure what else I can test or do to get it to start. One of them I even put a hair dryer to the engine to heat it up but, you're supposed to do that when the starter is tough and it wasn't was just trying to do as much as possible. Someimtes just doing those steps is enough to get it to start as just doing those steps has worked for me before, just not sure why today I was having this issue.

Can you share what steps you normally do for troubleshooting if having issues with nitro not starting?

Thanks