RCU Forums - View Single Post - Troubleshooting steps if nitro won't start?
Old 04-29-2012, 06:04 PM
rcenth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Troubleshooting steps if nitro won't start?

ORIGINAL: ThePenguins

The carb is held in by a pinch screw that will on occasion shake itself loose causing the carb to become loose. You will pull to much air into the engine.

Hold your finger over the exhaust and pull a few times or pull the fuel tube off the exhaust and blow into it to get fuel to run to the carb. Once it hits the carb blow just a little bit more to make sure the fuel is getting all the way in. You may flood the engine doing this but thats an easy enough fix.

You can also try taking the glow plug out and dropping a few drops of fuel into the cylinder.

If you do all this stuff with the engine needles set at factory settings you should get it to start. Does the engine fire at all right now?
Ok, as for priming it that's how I did it put my finger over exaust and pulled it until I saw fuel run through the tubing.I didn't put fuel into the cylinder since I thought I might over flood it but, I'll be sure to try it next time. These two cars were customers after about 30 pulls or so I gave up and referred them to redcat support.

So basically this is all we can do, if it still doesn't start then is it possible somebody could have blown up the engine that fast? Just after a few runs? Or there's nothing else that we can do right? They have to speak to redcat support and maybe send it in?