RCU Forums - View Single Post - Problems with HPI Trophy Truggy Flux
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 11:13 PM
gideonkjv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Problems with HPI Trophy Truggy Flux

New to the forum. I just bought a Trophy Truggy. I have only bashed it for a couple of days (one of which was at the race track) Took a serious beating, but haven't broke anything YET. Actually seems like a really solid truck with a few upgrades. There was a few things I did to the truck before I even turned it on. First I went through and tightened EVERY screw and applied lock-tite to metal/metal screws. I replaced the screws on the back of the shock towers (the tall round hex screws right next to the shock caps) because I noticed that they rubbed against the shocks when in full compression. And of course I tightened the wheels.

I am surprised that people are breaking the ends of the axles (rear) as they are IDENTICAL to the axles used on all the savage 25, 21 and I have yet to break any of those on my 25, and I have put those trucks through hell!! The rear axle threads/width are also the same size as the XL (except for length) and I have yet to break any of those on my XL either- so it is very curious?? So, yes, as far as rear axles go- the stock savage 25 axles will fit the truggy (they look a bit different right by the thread, but they WILL fit). Unfortunately the dog bones don't.. bummer!

Ohh, and skidoo... you will CONTINUE to break axles so long as you keep those tires on your truggy. More wheel base/bigger tire=broken axles AND diffs.

I am curious though as to where people have been successful at finding parts. I have heard some other brands being thrown around, but still not sure? I dont mind using dog-bones in the rear, but I have yet to find a replacement part?

As for stock axles. For the front CV chafts the losi lst ones are the same. If you want to upgrade to standard 1/8th scale axles get the sporwerks mayhem (thats what I bought) or I believe the sportwerks termoil axles are the same. If you need rear ones Ebay has them.
Are these the sportwerks mayhem CV's you are talking about for a direct replacement?www.ebay.com/itm/Sportwerks-SWK3282-Fr-or-Rr-CVD-Axles-Mayhem-ST-New-/270961330314 And where did you find rear dogbones?

Look forward to being on the forums! Thanks!