RCU Forums - View Single Post - EME new engines, 35,60 & 120 twin
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 09:34 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: EME new engines, 35,60 & 120 twin

ORIGINAL: pmerritt

One has to admire and respect a company that owns up to a problem and corrects it. I know we would all like to see a quality engine along with saving money. Competiton is good for the consumer. You'll need to do some incredible pricing for a while to get your engine on the market along with some third party testimonials about performance and reliability. The request that Aussiesteve made isn't a bad one. Maybe to help the publicity, rather than just ''give them one'', you can sell them one at or near cost with the option for full money back if dissatisfied, and get their feedback. If indeed your engine performs as stated, the reports you get from known users here on RCU will be worth more than any advertising you could buy. I don't know who the top gasser guys are here but it wouldn't take but about 10 good reviews to put you in the marketplace here.
Agreed. That type of accountable service is a key aspect. Quality at a decent price with some level of service as best as can be expected. I am one that knows if someones sells something that is cheap enough and says, "No Service" then that is what I expect. I deal with it AS IS and never bother with contacting the vendor that sold it because I bought it at a throw away price. However if there is a written level of warranty and service I expect that level to be followed because as far as I am concerned that is the manufacturer's word concerning the product.

I would consider these engines, however someone over here in the states would have to pick these up and offer the type of service I am accustomed to. You take DLE with Tower Hobbies and granted I may pay 30-70 more than a knockoff engine, but the thing is if I have any problem I can pick up the phone and call TH and within minutes they have taken care of my issue and either asked me to send the engine back for repair or they send out a new one ASAP. That is why I buy DLE from TH or other reputable dealers. Or course TH are not the only vendor that provide good service and warranty.

The worse part of all this is that people abuse service policies and warranties and make it harder on the business costs. That is another thread entirely.