RCU Forums - View Single Post - EME new engines, 35,60 & 120 twin
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 02:27 PM
aussiesteve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EME new engines, 35,60 & 120 twin

Now back on topic.
The offer I made was for a simple reason that is already covered well in posts above this one.
It gives a totally unbiased outsiders view of the product and it is not done with any fear or favor.

I will not be selling the product and would be unlikely to even be buying it for my own use. I have not been in the business of selling any mass market RC items for quite a while now and it is highly unlikely that I will ever be getting back into it. I do however have significant experience in dealing with, repairing, suporting and warrantying a lot of engine brands where that range has included some very poor quality items from China and some unreliable items from European sources to some high end items from European and Western sources and some of the better items from China.

I have nothing to gain nor anything to lose by performing or not performing the review / testing but I do agree with the sentiments expressed in various posts above that a company that admits their mistakes and actually does something about them instead of just stinging their distributors and end users deserves a chance. (I wish a couple of the other companies I dealt with in the past had taken a similar route instead of just pushing forward to the next sucker). Anyone remember the first of the DL 50's? I had 2 of them so I remember them well. (Mounting Lugs, Prop shafts, Cranks, Engine mount system etc) or the early DLE 30? (tilt and die). They seem to have come pretty good now because they admitted there was room for improvement and they supported their dealers on time as required.

There are others who seem to be on track now but they sure burnt a lot of people in the process of getting to where they are now. The attitude I am seeing in the words from EME are indicating an intent to use the smae business model as DLE use, hopefully the practice is also put into place.