RCU Forums - View Single Post - Troubleshooting steps if nitro won't start?
Old 04-30-2012, 06:06 PM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Troubleshooting steps if nitro won't start?

ORIGINAL: rcenth

If the pull start feels too loose is that sign of a possible issue? that was one thing that was in common with those two they pulled really easy. I believe I recall this same issue with one shockwave I had when the exaust manifold had came loose it wouldn't start anymore and pull start seemed quite loose. Like normally when I pull a pull start it feels like there are "notches" as you pull it if it that makes sense but, in these there wasn't it was just like in one really easy pull you can just pull it all the way out without any effort at all. Maybe that means there's no fuel going to the engine? Since if a flooded engine makes the pull start extremly hard where you can't pull it and a "normal" pull start feels like it's in the middle it's not too easy to pull, you have to put your hand on the rc to hold it down and then you put a bit of effort and give it a quick pull not too hard so if there's no effort at all required then could you assume that means there's no fuel going to the engine?

<embed style="left: 0px; top: 0px; width: 0px; height: 0px; position: fixed; display: block; " type="application/rf-np-plugin" id="Siber_embed1"></embed>
When the engine is cold the pullstart should feel somewhat tight. Even without fuel the piston will be tight in the sleave until it warms up. Thats why when you first start it, it's kind of hard to pull. But if you run it out of fuel, then re-fuel it right away and start it, the pullstart will typically pull easily since the engine is warm. The little notches your feeling when pulling are the piston in the up stroke of the engine creating compression in the cylinder. Then when it feels like it's easing up, the piston is on it's way back down the cylinder. If the pullstart is pulling very easy when the engine is cold, it could be a few things. Like you suggested, a loose exhaust header, loose under head. Thats the part the glow plug screws into. Make sure the under head is tight and also the glow plug. If the glow plug is loose you will lose compression. The one way bearing could be bad or the pull start itself. Just when you thought this was getting easy...