RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tiger Tail M.A.N. Construction Article
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 04:57 AM
hook57
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tiger Tail M.A.N. Construction Article

ORIGINAL: JeffH

I fixed a delaminated stab on a Mach 1 by injecting thinned epoxy into about a hundred holes in the sheeting. I then clamped it with deep throat clamps and load spreading blocks. It seemed to work fine. The wing delaminated all over too, but it is just too much to save. Time get some new cores and start over. If you still have the shucks, that would be the ideal situation. Inject epoxy, put back in shucks, and weight them down like crazy.

I had a Phoenix five get a couple of bubbles in the 1/64" ply wing sheeting. I used foam safe CA squirted through a tiny hole. That worked pretty good too. When the battery took a dump, the patched areas were still attached.
Jeff,
No shucks, the stab is mounted, but clamps should do the trick. It's a small area and I have considered the foam safe CA too, not sure if it needs accelerator too or how much dry time it would take. It really is a small area, I have considered removing it, bonding in a new rectangular piece,then glass and finish it. Still pondering how to attack it.

Ralph, I do have syringe like that (no idea why except maybe from the kid's wisdom teeth being removed). As I said to Jeff, still thinking about how to do this. I wanted the TT III ready in a few weeks but that will not happen now. Thanks for the ideas/suggestions so far.
Mark