RCU Forums - View Single Post - Several issues with brand new Volcano S30
Old 05-03-2012, 08:18 PM
buckhoule

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Several issues with brand new Volcano S30

i had the same issues except for the transmitter not turning on as for everything else....

www.redcatracing.com/information/videotraining.html that is the link to training videos on redcats site

#2 on the redcat website they have a how to video on how to bind the transmitter to the reciever

#3 to set the mesh you will have to loosen the motor mount screws on the bottom of the frame just enough to get the engine to move, then you will put a small strip of paper between
the gear on the engine (clutchbell) and the gear that it rides against (spur gear) gently push the clutchbell towards the spur then tighten the 4 motor mount screws
try rolling the truck on the ground after doing this, if it doesnt roll pretty easily then your gears are too tight together...... i also think there might be a vid on how to do this on the redcat
website

#4 the battery compartment is really hard to get to shut correctly they should have made it just a smidge deeper, but if you spend the time fanageling the wires around eventually you will get
it to shut right, i personally gave up on that just try to keep it dry

#5 the grub screws on the rear center shaft removing the engine is the easiest way to get to those, and for the front center shaft i was able to get to the tranny side grub between the top
deck plate and the tranny, and the front grub screw i went from the right side i removed the right front tire and put my allen wrench between the deck plate and frame, they are a pain to
do but its well worth the effort to avoid them backing out and losing them

I hope this was a help to you