RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hobbyzone Champ vs. Hobby Lobby Micro Stik
Old 05-04-2012, 06:22 PM
t280708

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbyzone Champ vs. Hobby Lobby Micro Stik

I am an intermediate pilot looking for a small, slow backyard flyer just for fun. Ailerons would be awesome, but to my knowledge, nothing fits that bill. So while they are definitely very different planes, i'm currently looking at the Champ or the Micro Stik.
What I currently see as Pros/Cons
Champ - Pros - BNF, I can use my DX7s transmitter with it, and just not use the given transmitter, or keep it around for just the champ, it actually looks pretty decent. Also, I believe it can handle a small amount of wind, so it wouldn't have to be dead calm.
Cons- Not sure if it can fly slow enough to be fun in a small outdoor area (this plane is so I can just walk out the back door and fly, not have to go to the park, where i'd most likely fly something bigger).
Micro Stik - Pros - Looks like it can fly nice, slow, and be very relaxing, while also having enough oomph to be fun if i'm feeling aggressive or have more space.
[B]Cons[\B] - isn't DSM2/DSMX compatible, so i'd have to use their transmitter, which looks more like a toy (i'm not even sure if it has trims). Also, the Stik may not hold up to slight winds.
I also considered the Ember 2, but it looks like it has almost 2 much dihedral, and might not be as zippy/fun to fly as the Stik.
Any thoughts/suggestions? Thanks!