RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lets hear about your Thunder Tiger Neptune SB-1.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:31 AM
AQUASUB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lets hear about your Thunder Tiger Neptune SB-1.

Greate to hear you found the prpblem ,I also found the stock charger bad ,I have long since replaced mine with a digital multione called the Brain .Then when I went with the 2/ 5700 mah Lipos I used the 2 ballance chargers from my Eflite eleictric chopper kits,much smaller units super easy to use and can even be mounted inside the sub! That way only 2 wires are needed to charge with 12 VDC going in.If I had just a bit more space in the sub I wuld have installed them.
So what Idid as to extend the Lipos charging cables so they can reach to the round fuse port quick open cap,there the cables plug into the 2 chargers.

It is strange that the radio goes bad in that way in a relativly short time or even out of the box ,it must be correected as its mostlikely a component malfunction ,I will find out some day.
I just finished installing and programing the OSD Pro or On Sceen Display from Eagletree Systems ,in no fewer words it is ASUME Captains! Complete real time display of every sytem peramiter and temperstures,depth read out in MM s ,motor temp and prop RPM ,battery percent remaining ,motors wattage since it reads from the main power supply to the ESC,Pack voltage ,thraghtle position in percent,and then to top it off individual texted notifications alarms like I inputed "LOWBATTERYGOBACKKTOBASE" when the lipos reach there low state at 4.8 per cell .All these readouts are clearly seen on sceen or not at will and with a remote meneue changing function 6 more pages of info can be displayed!I want to try GPS read outs next,who knows just how deep those signals might go ,but the host of data that it brings to one is incredible!
The OSD is only about 75.00 bucks and wow what it fun it IS!!

Have fun on sea trials she is a fun sub that hovers to a milimeter no sweat!
Chears
Dave