RCU Forums - View Single Post - Marutaka/ Royal Zero 62
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 09:35 AM
GrahamPC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Marutaka/ Royal Zero 62

Just a little update. I've been working on the tail. I spent a lot of time looking at the plans in order to work out how it all goes together, but I think we are getting there! There are small doublers to be glued inside the fuselage sides, [F27] and these are clamped in place in the photograph. Then the pieces that support the horizontal stabiser [F28] are placed on top.

I picked up a laser level the other day. Here I am using it to fit the horizontal stabiliser. I'm then going to build up to the vertical stabiliser before attempting to fit the retractable tail unit that arrived the other day. Here I've taken over the dining room table for the fit. (I had better not get glue on the table cloth!)

I've pushed a pin into the centre line behind the cocpit. This gives me a point so that I can measure to the ends of the stabiliser and make sure that it is fitted square.

Dont forget to fit the elevator joiner before you fix the 'fishtails' on the rear of the Stabiliser. [I wonder if you can guess how I know about that?]