RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need some thoughts on my Seagull Ultimate Build.......>>>
Old 05-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Taz_Hobbies
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need some thoughts on my Seagull Ultimate Build.......>>>

ORIGINAL: daveopam

Way to much engine. IMHO The SG Ults are on the heavy side to start with. A DLE 20 would be a much better choice. I have owned one SG and 3 GB Ults in this same size. The one I have now is OS 1.20 two stroke powered. It has way to much power and the DLE 20 has a little more than it. If you do stay with your engine choice, be prepared to put the elev and rudder servos in the tail. With the 1.20 I have two mini seorvos in the tail and the CG is right on.

david
Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. To be honest, I would rather have the servos back there so this may work out better in the long run. The reason for the 32cc engine was after seeing and reading some build threads it seems the 20cc, while a great engine was borderline on being 3D capable. I have watched several vids with 30cc gassers in the rather portly Seagull and I felt that I'd rather have extra HP on tap than not enough. Maybe I over did it?

Can you show me a couple photos of the elevator servos from behind where you can see them both? I am curious if you staggered them, like one above the other or is the fuse wide enough back there for them to be on an even plane? Also, what, if any, reinforcing did you do to mount the servos?

Sorry for the questions, I just want this project to turn out as well thought out as possible.

Thanks.