RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need some thoughts on my Seagull Ultimate Build.......>>>
Old 05-12-2012, 07:37 AM
Taz_Hobbies
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need some thoughts on my Seagull Ultimate Build.......>>>

ORIGINAL: speedracerntrixie

ORIGINAL: darrolair

A fully charged 6 volt battery is over 7 volts. The receiver won't last using it. 4.8 volts is plenty.
I think you mean the ignition. If so you are correct that a 5 cell is too much and will fry the ignition. A 4 cell is more appropriate. Other then that go out and fly the airplane. Although I am a true beleiver in " the lighter the better " it is more important to get the CG right. I see too many guys going too far forward thinking it is going to be more stable. The results are pitch trim changes at different speeds and high landing speeds. Its better to get the CG in a more nuetral position and the airplane will be easier to fly even at the higher wing loading.

Excellent, I will use a 4 cell / 4.8V battery on the ignition then. And I am willing to bet you and I are equally as specific on CG. I cannot tell you how many times I place a plane on the CG balancer before I am happy. I am old school, I hate to add weight, it's a mortal sin where I come from! LOL!

For the ultimate I am currently sketching an idea for a CG stand for it as balances a short distance behind the LE of the upper wing and none of the CG balacers I have will work.