RCU Forums - View Single Post - IMAC "BOX" SIZE
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 06:31 PM
Brockflying

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: IMAC

Subject IMAC improvements to Judging through telemetry<o></o>

<o></o>I heard a few contestants chatting, who seem to like the idea and possibility. Maybe a forum discussion will help find a "guy/gal" who can write an iPhone app that the IMAC website can share with the members and conduct a 1 year beta test to work some bugs out. At that point maybe a vote by members could help the board make an informed decision on what a box is and how it can be judged with accuracy and fairness to all model sizes and speeds.<o></o>

<o></o><o></o>

<o></o>We are all aware of GPS, a magnetic compass, accelerometers, and computers. A significant number of people have all four in their pocket as they read this; we know it as an iPhone. It seems like a relatively easy request to openly solicit some "guys and gals" out there who can open source an iPhone app in a few months that will serve as onboard telemetry. <o></o>

<o></o><o></o>

Imagine this if you will... A new rule that states something to the effect; a 2.5x4.5" area must be provided in a contestant’s airplane with hook and loop material... Hmmmmmm what do you think one could place in that area? Maybe an iPhone or iTouch with a program called "IMAC telemetry". At this point I hope you mind is swimming in endless possibilities. There is a lot to discuss in theory and start a general direction in which to take this available technology. <o></o>

<o></o><o></o>

In short, I would like to see an app "judge" me and assist me in training at my home field. If it isgood, it could be used as a back up or supplement judges (maybe replace). I mean this with respect, I don’t always receive consistent advice from the wide ranging opinion and subjectivity of the judges thus far. A iPhone with a Google map and data logging of my flight could tell me more accurately. <o></o>

<o></o>

<o></o><o></o>

What do you think?<o></o>