RCU Forums - View Single Post - N.Tx.Pylon Racing Org's 2nd Q-25 & EF-1 Pylon Race for 2012
Old 05-14-2012, 04:17 AM
GSJames

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: N.Tx.Pylon Racing Org's 2nd Q-25 & EF-1 Pylon Race for 2012

BUMP

This upcoming Sunday, May 20th is the second race in the North Texas Pylon Racing Series. We will race both Q-25 and EF-1.

Q-25 pilots should have their airplanes marked with their NTx-PRO racing number per the rules, but NMPRA red-green stickers are available and MAY be used depending on the preference of the pylon judges. EF-1 pilots will use standard NMPRA red-green stickers (ULINE 5"x7" inventory stickers)

This will be a Two (2) Pylon Course, 400 feet between Pylons.
We will be alternating rounds between Q-25 & EF-1. i.e. one round of Q-25 and then one round of EF-1, etc to let the EF-1 guys have time to recharge batteries.

I am considering having 4 regular rounds of Q-25 followed by A-B-C finals, with the ability for the winner of the lower round to move up. That was fun last time and made for some great racing.

Registration will be at 10 AM, 1st race will be at 11 AM.

Event Fee is $15 for the first event. Lunch will be available for $5. The second event entered will be $10, so for one event including lunch, $20, for 2 events including lunch $30.

Fort Worth Thunderbird R/C Club is hosting event.
Location will be at the T'Birds New Field, Mustang Park, Lake Benbrook, 3602 Winscott Plover Road, Fort Worth, Tx. 76126.
GPS: 32 deg 36 min 35.12 sec N, & 97 deg 29 min 06.31 sec W.

Entry to the park is off of FM 1187. You show your AMA card to the gate attendant and ask for a "Thunderbird Pass". That will get you in the gate for free. Drive to the end of the park road and turn left. You should see a sign for the field. I will attempt to have the pylons up as early as practical for practice. Many of the regular racers are attending an SPA event in Tulsa and may not be racing, so this is your chance to really show your stuff.