RCU Forums - View Single Post - GP .60 Reactor Bibe
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 08:46 AM
kochj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GP .60 Reactor Bibe

Engines are your choice...

I tried to run my saito inverted, and it seemed that I ended up with horrible kickbacks...and thrown props...
I don't like that ...If I had ignition on it, that would change this and make it much more desirable to run inverted...

I know that the OS 110 is fine running engine...I would try running on the bench inverted and see how it does....this way you know prior to cutting the cowl ect..

My choice was a 4-stroke saito 125 (20cc) nitro.. because I wanted to be able to run it in soccer fields ect...
I also wanted to keep it light and powerful..

A 2-stroke is usually loader, and more irratating to on-lookers.. I know that the DLE 20cc muffler is very small w/o baffles and loud
You had a diff. muffler...and may be much more quieter..

If I had that 110 oS 4-stroke...I would run it.
Mainly due to the noise…I don’t like small volume industrial mufflers that are on that dle 20... And do not want to go out and buy one. Mainly do to the weight, and the lack or space to place a pipe…yes, I like tuned pipes…

At the same time, you cannot avoid the simplistic use and low maintenance of the gas 2-stoke…
I think you could toss coin and be happy with either, just as long as the place where you fly hasn’t issues with a loud engine..

I am going to purchase a Hitech gas guage... so I can see the gas level on my A9,,,,,
my head and case temp are @ 140-155 deg F. all is well so far..