RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rotor Concept Quad Copter HPQ-1
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 11:01 AM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rotor Concept Quad Copter HPQ-1

ORIGINAL: lonewolfjaves

Hello Group-

I bought a HPQ1 from the Toledo show three weeks ago, and I've still heard nothing from Patrick or anyone at his team.
I paid almost $400.00 for mine, paid in full, was told 2 weeks for a wedding I was asked to shoot by a fellow patrolman, and that wedding was this past Saturday.... Not a reply, no answered phone calls, I've sent several emails and not even one has been answered.

Has anyone else received this repsonse from Rotor Concepts?

When I bought it at Toledo he was quick to tell me they were in stock and I would only have to wait the time to ship it from California, but that was weeks ago.

I'm beginning to think that my $400 is floating away like an out of control HPQ1.

I ordered the RTF with LED Lights, Camera Mount, the whole nine yards.

Patrick seemed nice, but again, their customer service is non-existant.

Anyone else EVER get an email reply from him?

With my job it would be easy for me to file a compalint or a non-payment charge but I want to first see if he will actually even pick up the phone or answer an email....

$400.00 to me is a LOT of money for this, so I thought I'd ask the group....

A bummer for sure...
I hope you got yours by now.

I did receive mine about three weeks ago.

Just prior to that I e-mailed Patrick but received no replies of any sort... the HPQ1 appeared on my doorstep two days after I e-mailed him.

So far the HPQ1 flies pretty well. I've put a good number of flights on it, with cameras.

I have not used the Hero Pro camera, but I've tried others.

I have a decent small camera that fits in the mount, that I've gotten fairly good results with, though I don't like the limited 640x480 video resolution on it.

I tried a cheap Mini DV HD camera off the net, but the vibrations resulted in very poor video.

The problem with the cheaper cameras has to do with the video encoding rate getting into sync with the vibration.

In effect the frame is encoded from top to bottom, but before it finishes encoding, the camera moves due to vibration.... this causes the "jello" effect.

The better cameras with faster encoding speeds can do this faster than the vibration rate and so are not in sync with the blade vibration.

-

Patrick has not sent the light kits to me, as I write this, but he did include a note in my box that they would be sent in a few more weeks.